This statement of scientific codes of ethics is a statement of all parties involved in the process of publication of forest product research journals including managers, editors, peer reviewers, and authors. Code of ethics statement of this scientific publication pursuant to the Regulation of Head of LIPI Number 5 Year 2014 on Code of Ethics of Scientific Publication. The ethics of scientific publication upholds three ethical values in publications, namely (i) Neutrality, i.e. free of conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, namely giving the right of authorship ; and (iii) Honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
Journal Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines the name of the journal, the scope of study, scaling, and application of accreditation if required. Determining the editor boards.
- Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, peer reviewers, and others in a contract.
- Appreciates confidential matters for contributing researchers, authors, editors and peer reviewers.
- Applies the norms and provisions on intellectual property rights, especially the copyright.
- Conducts a review of journal policy and informs to the author, editor boards, peer reviewers and reader.
- Provides guidelines ethics for editors and peer reviewers.
- Publishes the journal regularly.
- Ensures the availability of funding for journal sustainability.
- Builds network of research institutes and related institutions
- Preparing licensing and other legality aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Editors
- Meet the needs of readers and writers and striving to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
- Apply the process to ensure the quality of the published papers,
- Prioritize the freedom of expression objectively,
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic record,
- Deliver corrections, clarifications, and apologies as required,
- Responsible for the style and format of the writing, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the authors,
- Actively seek the opinions from authors, readers, peer reviewers, and editor boards to improve the quality of publications,
- Perform periodic internal evaluations on the quality of the journals
- Support the author's initiative on publication ethics by including the clearance form in each submission
- Be open-minded to new opinions or views of others who may conflict with personal opinion for the advancement of science,
- Avoiding objective decisions by not maintaining self opinions, authors or third parties opinion by seeking solutions that are scientifically accountable,
- Encourage writers to make improvements to the paper until it deserves to be published.
Duties and Responsibilities of Peer Reviewers
- Reviews the papers and submit the results to the editor, as a determinant of the feasibility of a paper to be published,
- The reviewers does not undertake a scientific study of the papers involving him, directly or indirectly,
- Provides suggestions, inputs and positive recommendations on scientific manuscripts,
- Maintains the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations of a manuscript,
- Encourages authors to make improvements of the manuscripts,
- Re-reviews the papers that have been improved in accordance with the stated standards,
- The papers are reviewed in a timely manner according to the published styles based on scientific principles (data collection methods, legality of the author, conclusions, etc.) that have been established.
Author's Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all of the authors has meet the authorship criteria,
- Collectively responsible for the work and the contents of the article including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- State the funding sourceseither directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations in the study.
- Respond to the comments from peer reviewers and editorial boards professionally, scientifically and timely.
- Inform the editors i if he / she will retract his / her writing.
- Make a statement that the papers submitted for publication are original, and have never been published anywhere and in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other publishers.
For authors please complete the Ethical Clearance Statement Letter to be included as file attachment at the time of submission of the manuscript.